Pages in an LMS are flexible tools that enable training managers to present content, provide instructions, share resources, and facilitate learner engagement.
Here are some common uses of a page in most LMS programs:
Course Introduction, Course Syllabus or Outline, Learning Resources, and Instructions.
Use Case Example:
You as the training manager may utilize Pages in the LMS for employee onboarding. This can provide a structured and comprehensive learning experience.
Here's how they can be utilized:
- Welcome Page: To greet users and introduce the program/course.
- Policies and Procedures: Ensuring compliance with company policies during training.
- Training Modules: Explaining the modules covered in the onboarding course.
- Role-specific Pages: Clarifying roles and required courses for each employee.
- FAQs and Resources: Providing answers, resources, and support for the onboarding course.
By leveraging LMS pages, you as the training manager can create a structured learning experience, centralizing information and resources for new employees. This ensures easy access to essential materials, facilitating a smooth onboarding process.
ADD A PAGE RESOURCE TO YOUR COURSE
Step 1: In the relevant course, click on "Edit course material",
Step 2: Under the relevant module, click on "Add course content",
Step 3: Select the "Page" activity,
Step 4: Give your page (1) a name and (2) add content using the options available in the built-in editor,
Additionally, you can define the settings of your Page resource,
And once you're happy, you can click on "Save and display" to see your page,
The page activity that you created should look similar to the example provided below (Depending on what type of content you added to the page. For example, Images and videos or documents and online text),